1. The building opens to Superintendents Monday and Tuesday at 7:30a.m. and to Exhibitors at 8:00a.m. for entering exibitis. Wednesday the building opens at 11:00a.m. The building closes at 10:00a.m. The building closes at 10:00 p.m. daily. A security guard will be on duty when the building opens.
2. All exhibits except Food Preparation and Flowers must be entered by 10:00 a.m. Monday morning of the fair. Food Preparation and Flowers must be entered Tuesday Morning between 8:00-10:00a.m. judging will begin in the Family Living Department at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday.
3. Exhibits must beb checked out btween 1:00-3:00 p.m. If an exhibit is removed before Sunday at 1:00 p.m. there will be an automatic forfeit of premium eared. Any exhibitor, who does not conform to the regulationsof the Fair Association, must fofiet premium and / or not be allowed to exhibit again.
4. All enteries m,ust be the exhibitor and must NOT have been previously entered in any Greene County Fair.
5. All exhibits in the Family Living Divisions must have been completed within the year ( since the previous fair). No unfinished or soiled items will be accepted or judged as an entery.
6. All work is subject to approval/ rejection by a selection committee appointed by the Superintendent.
7. Enteries are Limited to ONE per Lot.
8. The Fair Association requires that exhibits left fot entery, when the exhibitors will not be present to enter items,be tagged with NAME,PHONE NUMBER,DEPARTMENT FOR ENTERY, and LOT FOR ENTERY. Enteries may be left with the Superintendent of the Department fot entery, if the above rule is followed. The procedure, listed above, speeds entery time for each department.
9. Exhibitors must check in and recieve entry materials at the Family Living Building enterance before entering exhibits.
10. There is no charge for entries in the Family Living Department.
11. Ribbons will be awarded on qulity, notb the number of exhibits.
12. Judges will be instucted not to award premiums to articals not worthy of merit.
13.Premiums earned in the Family Living Divisions are paid on a point system. The total number of points are divided uinto the amount of money made available, to determine the xcash value of each point. The cash value of each point multiplied by the number of points earned will equal the total prize m,oney.
14. The “BEST OF SHOW” in each department will be displayed in the “BEST OF SHOW” department and 5 points awarded to the “BEST OF SHOW” in each department.
15. Fair Association is not resposible for exhibits not picked up during the check out time Sunday afternoon folowing the fair between 1:00-3:00 p.m. Exhitors must be prompt in following the rules.
ADDITIONAL RULES PERTAINING TO EDUCATIONAL BOOTHS
1. Premium in school and Community Educational exhibits (booth) are paid by thr Fair Association on a point basis. Blue- Ribbon Excellent Award-30 points; Very Good Award-25 points; White Riboon- Good Award-20 points. Each school and community club will be judged on its merits. After judging is completed, total points earned in the Educational Booth Exibits will be divided into premium money available to determine the cash value of each point. THe cash value of each point multiplied by the number of points earned will equal total prize money. COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS, EXTENSION HOMEMAKERS, 4-H,SCOUTS,and SCHOOL CLUBS must notify the Fair Office at least 30 days prior to the fair date or no booth sapace will be made availible.
2. Fai Association is responsible for building framework ( booth size) of Educational Booth. All oyher material used must be supplied by the exhibitor.